Cottages by the Sea is not just any accommodation. It is a warm and memorable Caribbean experience. Below are some of the reasons why our repeat guests think that Cottages by the Sea is the place for them. We hope you think so too!
Uniquely Warm Features!
Make Cottages by the Sea your second home, we will store boxes for you from year to year at no extra charge.
- Take comfort knowing that your hosts live on the property and treat you like family.
- Feel like you are special since each cottage's floor plan and look is different.
- Make it simple and park close to your cottage.
- Entertain under our lighted and covered patio, with a sink, grill and serving area.
- Be yourself knowing that our guests are friendly and unpretentious, and our staff like family.
- Relax, knowing that there are no phones in the cottages! Let us take messages for you.
- Feel content that you get the peace and tranquility of our secluded property yet all that the island has to offer.
West is Best!
- We are blessed to have so many excellent sights to appeal to you on the West Side of the island. Within a 15-minute drive you can enjoy the authentic Cruzan Rum Factory, The Whim Museum and the Lawaetz Family Museum, several great houses, Fort Frederiksted, the Frederiksted Pier overlooking downtown Frederiksted, the “beer-drinking pigs“, the lush and scenic rain forest, and Sandy Point - a wildlife refuge and beach. For the sports enthusiasts there are several scuba shops, an 18-hole golf course, horseback riding, biking, hiking, kayaking, ATV riding, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Jet Skiing, and sport fishing.
- On the North Side of the island, an easy 45-minute drive away, you can enjoy another 18 and a 9-hole golf course, the town of Christiansted, jet-skiing at Hotel on the Cay, Charter Boats, diving at Cane Bay, the Salt River Marina and the Buck Island Underwater National Reef Monument.
- If you care to adventure to the far east side of St Croix, you can visit the Divi Casino and Point Udall - the most eastern point of the United States.
Throughout the year you can also take pleasure in seasonal events such as carnivals, downtown festivals, art and music festivals, sports competitions and parades.
Unforgettable Caribbean Experiences!
- Your beach experience will be exquisite and potentially the best on the island. At least, this is what our guests tell us. The water is warm, calm, clear, not too deep or shallow, and safe, the current gentle, the waves lulling, and the snorkeling excellent. Our beach is secluded, unspoiled, sandy, clean, without any seaweed or sea grass. We are also one of the few beaches on the island where you can collect and enjoy sea glass! Being situated on the leeward side of the island does have its advantages. It almost sounds too good to be true.
- Bask in the sun on our lounge chairs either under a coconut tree, on the patio, grass, or beach.
- Gaze upon the picture perfect views of the green grass and coconut trees in front of the white sand beach and turquoise water against a backdrop of a sunset and the rolling hills of the rainforest.
- Sit on your private patio and watch your loved ones snorkel in the water as you lose yourself in a novel.
- Satisfy your curiosity by picking a coconut outside your cottage and drinking the coconut juice.
Surprise yourself and let the lull of the waves and the breezes of the easterly Trade Winds through your cottage seduce you into a relaxing sleep.
"One of the best deals in the Virgins has to be Cottages by the Sea", Caribbean Travel & Life. We hope you think so, too!!
- Cottage rates are already nearly the lowest of all accommodations in the USVI.
- We also hope you can stick to your diet as well as save on your meal budget by cooking in your cottage's fully equipped kitchen or at one of the two patio grills.
Cottages by the Sea
127A Smithfield Rd.,
Frederiksted, St. Croix
U.S. Virgin Islands 00840
800.323.7252 | 340.772.0495 | email us